Constitutions & Canons
The Diocese of East Carolina, and The Episcopal Church as a whole, are governed by the Constitution, Canons, By-laws, and Rules of Order.
Changes to the Constitution must be approved by a majority of both orders (clergy and lay), voting separately, at two successive Diocesan Conventions. Amendments to the Canons or Rules of Order must be approved by a majority of both orders (clergy and lay), voting separately, at one Diocesan Convention.
Click the links below to access the various documents.
- 138th Constitution 2021
- 138th Canons 2021
- 138th Foundation Bylaws 2021
- 138th Charter of the Foundations 2021
- 138th Rules of Order 2021
- 137th Journal of the Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina 2020
- 2018 Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church