Third Mission Priority Session
In this time, we have discerned that God’s Holy Spirit is leading us to:
Encourage every congregation to strengthen or build local networks with ecumenical, interfaith, and other community partners for the purpose of serving the needs of the most vulnerable in their midst
Remembering that the below possible implementation steps are NOT all-inclusive, nor are they necessarily required to support this third mission priority; so, focusing mostly on the mission priority statement please consider:
- In what ways does this mission priority capture your imagination?
- What questions or concerns are raised for you regarding this mission priority?
- What suggestions do you have for how this mission priority could be better stated?
We will do this in a variety of ways, perhaps including but not limited to:
- a Diocesan wide strategy, with resources to support local initiatives
- encourage local determination of opportunities for service
- build functional networks that will last
- leverage all our resources including buildings and property
- look to meet community needs that have been more fully revealed during pandemic
- empower lay leadership to organize and implement this work locally
- enable mission by connecting communities and individuals for mutual support
- focused disaster relief and recovery work
Third Priority Discussion Guide
Thank you for taking time to help in this discernment process. Please send all feedback to: [email protected]
Share this page: Third Mission Priority Session