First Mission Priority Session
In this time, we have discerned that God’s Holy Spirit is leading us to:
Support each of our worshiping communities to identify and equip lay and clergy leadership who will engage them in more fully living into the promises of our Baptismal Covenant
Remembering that the below possible implementation steps are NOT all-inclusive, nor are they necessarily required to support this first mission priority; so, focusing mostly on the mission priority statement, please consider:
- In what ways does this mission priority capture your imagination?
- What questions or concerns are raised for you regarding this mission priority?
- What suggestions do you have for how this mission priority could be better stated?
We will do this in a variety of ways, perhaps
including but not limited to:
- structured diocesan process to ensure clergy support for smaller congregations
- training for lay worship leaders
- support for bi-vocational priestly ministry
- continuing options for lay and clergy leadership development
- build robust School for Ministry
- diocesan-wide stewardship initiatives, understanding stewardship in the broadest way
- support for congregations to engage new populations
- initiatives to support congregational vitality and growth
- strengthen Deanery relationships to help congregations avoid isolation
Thank you for taking time to help in this discernment process. Please send all feedback to: [email protected]