Second Mission Priority Session
In this time, we have discerned that God’s Holy Spirit is leading us to:
Develop and host collaborative opportunities for life-long formation for faith and ministry for all the baptized, to be offered in-person and online across the diocese
Remembering that the below possible implementation steps are NOT all-inclusive, nor are they necessarily required to support this second mission priority; so, focusing mostly on the mission priority statement please consider:
- In what ways does this mission priority capture your imagination?
- What questions or concerns are raised for you regarding this mission priority?
- What suggestions do you have for how this mission priority could be better stated?
We will do this in a variety of ways, perhaps including but not limited to:
- equip congregations with resources that better support members to express faith as Christians & Episcopalians
- leverage and build on communications systems established during pandemic
- share faith formation experiences between congregations and across diocese, strengthening capacity of congregations with fewer resources
- offer “hybrid” experiences, with some sessions online and some in person
- use Trinity Center as a base for in-person sessions
- ensure that School for Ministry includes formation for lay ministry as well as for ordained ministries
- offer online &/or video training for licensed worship ministries
- offer formation opportunities in areas like creation care, welcoming, church growth, mental health, etc.
- empower lay leadership
- engage people of all ages
Thank you for taking time to help in this discernment process. Please send all feedback to: [email protected]