L.A.T.I.N.O. is designed to help parishes when they want to reach out to our Spanish-language neighbors. A parish may come to realize that there are Spanish speakers in their vicinity who may not realize that they are invited and welcome to be a part of the parish community. This tool, L.A.T.I.N.O., is designed to be a road map of how a parish may want to get started.
L.A.T.I.N.O. is an acronym that stands for:
L.A.T.I.N.O. allows you to see the degree to which your parish is engaged with the Spanish-speaking community, and it provides the steps needed to undertake this ministry.
Through L.A.T.I.N.O. you can learn:
- How to find out how many Latinos/Hispanics live in any given area.
- How to locate Latino/Hispanic communities in any given area.
- How to connect with Latinos/Hispanics in any given area.
- How to serve Latinos/Hispanics in any given area.
- How to follow the steps through five degrees of engagement that will eventually lead to making Latinos/Hispanics an integral part of your parish community.
Ready to Get Started with L.A.T.I.N.O.? First take this parish readiness assessment with your church leadership:
Already taken the parish readiness assessment? Proceed to the Steps:
Be sure to check back, because L.A.T.I.N.O. will be updated with resources regularly!