Supporting LGBTQIA+ Young People
Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 11:47 AM
As we grow in our capacities to offer safe and inclusive communities for all young people, Lifelong Christian Formation in the Diocese of East Carolina is hosting a day long workshop on supporting LGBTQIA+ young people. We will learn how to be better allies as well as how our parish communities can foster inclusive environments for all young people. Led by Susan Peek, LSCW, the workshop will offer:
• Support and resources for young people who are part of the LGBTQIA+ community
• Resources for inclusion in parish youth communities
• Resources for parents of LGBTQIA+ young people
• $25 fee for all participants
• There are 40 spaces for this event.
Susan Peek has facilitated the Diocese of East Carolina's Relationships 101 and Finding Balance series for young people. Prior to becoming a Licensed Clinical Social Work, Susan was a youth minister on both the parish and diocesan level in the Diocese of California. She is also a certified Disaster Mental Health instructor.