Pre-Convention Meetings (2023)
Pre-Convention Meetings by Zoom for All Members of the Diocese of East Carolina
To assist all delegates in their preparations for Diocesan Convention and to encourage all members of the Diocese to learn a little more about our common life and ministry, we offered online pre-Convention orientation meetings on four different days ahead of Convention.
- offered an overview of Convention
- had a look at the agenda for February 10th and 11th
- reviewed East Carolina’s mission priorities and some of our progress thus far
- considered resolutions that have been submitted and nominations that have been made
- introduced the proposed budget for 2023.
Members of the diocese were welcome to attend any one of these four online meetings, hosted by Bishop Skirving:
- 2pm on Thursday, January 26th
- 7pm on Thursday, February 2nd
- 2pm on Friday, February 3rd
- 4pm on Sunday, February 5th
Our meetings have been completed, but please see the recording below if you were unable to attend one of the meeting times. We recommend viewing the video in full screen mode to best see the documents and screens shared in the video. To view the recording in full screen mode, simply click the icon with the four arrows.
- Members of Albemarle Deanery were invited to gather for an in-person meeting at Christ Church, Elizabeth City beginning at 3pm on Sunday, January 22nd.
- Members of Pamlico Deanery were invited to gather in-person at St. Timothy’s, Greenville on Thursday, January 26th to join with others from across the diocese for the 2pm online meeting.
- Members of Trinity Deanery were invited to gather in person at St. Mary’s, Kinston on Friday, February 3rd to join with others from across the diocese for the 2pm online meeting.
- Members of Upper Cape Fear Deanery and Lower Cape Fear Deanery were invited to join in on whichever of the online meetings is best for them.