How to Register for Convention
Greetings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!
Preparations for the 139th Annual Convention of the Diocese of East Carolina are well underway. We are planning to meet in person and will carefully monitor COVID trends and make any modifications to our meeting that will be necessary. All registrations will be done online this year. Please read the enclosed information carefully. Please keep our Convention in your prayers as we prepare to be together again in person.
Mrs. Shurley Ray Weddle Secretary of Convention
139th CONVENTION INFORMATION
Should you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Hannah Jarman, Convention Registrar, by email or by phone at 252- 522-0885 ext. 228.
Date and Time
Convention will be held on Friday, February 11 and Saturday, February 12, 2022. We are currently working on the agenda and ask that you tentatively hold Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon on your calendar. Once the agenda is confirmed, we will notify all who have registered via email regarding the actual start time and expected end time of convention.
- Registration cost is $190. This includes the banquet dinner on Friday night and lunch on Saturday. The early bird registration ends on January 19th. After January 19th, the cost of registration will be $290.
- The Hotel Ballast rate is $164 per night (plus taxes), which includes parking at the hotel.The deadline to book your hotel room has been extended to Friday, January 14, 2022.
To book your hotel reservation, please use one of the following, as it is important that
the Diocese of East Carolina is listed with your registration so that it counts to our
overall room block – should we not meet the minimum room block, penalties will occur.
Hotel Ballast Reservations
Option 1: Call 1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667). Be sure to mention code EDI.
Option 2: Book online by clicking here, this takes you the Hotel Ballast Convention booking page.
Note: These rates end on January 14, 2022. After the cutoff date the group rate ends.
You must register by the end of the day on Wednesday, February 2nd. Registration only takes a few minutes to complete. To register, click the link at the bottom of this section.
AFTER REGISTRATION AND WHAT TO EXPECT
- Emails: You will be sent emails to prompt you of any new convention information of which you need to be aware. Should you ever think you have missed an email, please contact Hannah Jarman.
- Diocesan Website: Please visit the Diocesan Website often to get updated information on what to expect at convention, resolutions, nominations, etc. www.diocese-eastcarolina.org
- Delegate changes: Should you be unable to attend convention, please let your parish know promptly and they will contact Hannah Jarman ([email protected]) to submit a change form.
- Livestream: When the time comes, a link will be provided so that all may watch convention online. Stay tuned for more information.