The Episcopal Youth Event | EYE 2023 | A New Age of Faith
Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 8:00 AM
The Diocese of Maryland will host EYE at The University of Maryland, College Park from July 4-8, 2023 .Gathering from far and wide, 1,000+ Episcopal young people and their adult leaders will pray, play, and learn together. Until you have seen it first-hand, the sight of over a thousand young people and adult leaders in one place is unimaginable.The enthusiasm of the young people in attendance is infectious, equaled only by the compelling commitment to their faith; showing the vitality of The Episcopal Church both now and in the future.
In order to be considered to participate in #EYE23, you must fill out the application below and have a completed reference form on file from your rector, warden or your youth leader. Applications open on November 1st and the application deadline is February 21, 2023. The cost for EYE is $400. This includes the $400 event registration, all meals at EYE, housing, all event materials, ground transportation at EYE, and the required community gathering prior to the event. More details about the travel and meeting schedule are inside this packet.
Please seriously consider applying to be part of the Diocese of East Carolina’s delegation to #EYE23. A chance to serve, explore, and deepen your faith awaits!
• Things you will need to complete your online application: Immunization and Vaccination Records including COVID-19; Insurance Card and information
• Applicants must be 15 - 19 years of age. They must turn 15 on or before July 4, 2023 and must be 19 for the duration of the event. They also must be currently in grades 9 - 12. If you are part of an alternative schooling environment and fall within the age minimum requirements, but may not fall in the grade requirements, please contact Emily Gowdy Canady for assistance.
Watch this video from the most recent EYE
Financial Facts for EYE
Approximate Cost - $650. Your cost is $400
Costs covered:EYE Registration fee, transportation to and from and while at EYE itself, meals at EYE and pre-meetings and other supplies.
$100 deposit is due with your application.The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE if you are chosen to go. If not, your deposit will be refunded. This $100 DOES apply to the $400 balance.
Payments can be made installments beginning at the time participants are accepted to go.
Each young person should raise as much of the $400 EYE fee from their parish as they can. We encourage young people to raise at minimum $150 from their parish.
ALL balances are due on or before May 1, 2023. ALL FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE after this point.
- ✴Participants are expected cover meals during travel to and from.
- ✴Participants will need to bring their own spending money for additional souvenirs not provided as part of the event materials.
- ✴All Participants will be notified by Jan. 25th regarding their space for the trip.
Tags: Youth Events / Youth Ministry / Lifelong Christian Formation / News & Events